Y-type strainers protect your steam system against the damage to valves, traps and other equipment from foreign matter such as dirt, scale or welding particles in the pipeline. Available with threaded or flanged end connections in carbon steel, stainless steel, bronze or cast iron for services up to 1480 psi (102 bar).
Strainers feature a machine-tapered seat for a perfect fit of the removable strainer screen; and a blow-off plug with an optional ball valve which can be added to for in-line blowdown of dirt, scale, etc.
For maximum protection, collected material must be discharged through the blow-off connection on a routine basis
- A permanent blow-down line and ball valve with each strainer will result in simplified cleaning
- Install horizontally or vertically with dirt collecting inside the screen
- Screen can also be removed and cleaned with solvent and compressed air
- Inspect the gasket and replace if necessary when replacing the screen
Body, Cover & Plug:
- Cast Iron: high tensile ASTM A126 Class B
- Bronze: ASTM B62 Bronze
- Carbon Steel: ASTM A216, Grade WCB
- Stainless Steel: ASTM A351, Grade CF8M
Screen: Stainless Steel, Monel optional
Get A Quote
Know what you need and want a quote quickly? We can help! Fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.