Sanitary Steam Traps
The BTCS Series is a bellows type, thermostatic steam trap with sanitary connections. Designed specifically for clean steam systems. It features a 20Ra internal finish and a self-draining design to minimize the possibility of medium entrapment and bacterial growth.
The improved configuration of the BTCS Series has been specifically designed to provide higher flow rates at low pressures and low subcooling levels. In lab testing, the BTCS has exhibited excellent flow rates at subcooling levels of only 3°F (-16°C).
Two designs are features in the BTCS Series - the standard BTCS is good for differential pressures up to 65 psi (4,5 bar) and the BTCS1 for differential pressures ranging from 50 - 90 psi (3,4 - 6,2 bar). Both designs are rated to 90 psi (6,2 bar) operating pressure (hydrostatically tested to 450 psi (31 bar) but provide best performance when used within their respective differential pressure operating ratings.
During start-up, the bellows assembly is fully open to discharge all air, non-condensable gases and cool condensate. The heat of the entering steam causes the element to expand, closing the valve. As condensate accumulates in the body, the element cools, causing the ball stem tip to retract from the seat and allow condensate to drain.
- Low subcooling operation reduces probability of SIP delays caused by temperature validation faults
- Easy thermal element (bellows assembly replacement only installs in one direction) error-proof
- New design provides excellent flow rates with low subcooling – improves heat-up drainage
- Self-draining when installed vertically (body outlet side down) – either vertical or horizontal connections
- Solid barstock body with fewer cracks and crevices than competitive designs
Size: 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/2″ (DN20, DN25, DN40)
Installation Connection Orientation: Vertical, Horizontal
Connection Type: ASME, DIN, ISO Tri-Clamp and Tube Weld Ends
Max. Allowable Pressure Temperature: 145 psig (10 barg); 350°F (177°C)
Materials of Construction: Wetted body/plug material: ASME SA479 316L (UNS 31606) is standard. EN 10272:2000 GR 14435 is optional. Body gaskets: various, all FDA and USP Class VI
Nominal Cv (Kv): 4.0 (3,45)
Surface Finish: Internal: SF1, 20 Ra μin (0,5 μm) standard; SF5, 20 Ra μin (0,5 Ra μm) electropolish or better optional
Subcooling: Less than 3°F (2°C)
- CRN (Canadian Registration Number)
- PED Category 1 (Pressure Equipment Directive)
- SEP Declaration (Sound Engineering Practice)
- EC Declaration of Conformity
- All products use FDA and USP Class VI approved soft goods and seals where possible. Consult each product data for details
Know what you need and want a quote quickly? We can help! Fill out this form and we will get back to you shortly.